Tuesday, August 26, 2008

he overtakes me...

There have been quite a few times where Micah has gotten so big and so strong and so twisty that he can overtake me. It usually happens in public and makes me feel so frustrated and usually causes me to act in a way that is just a bit unbecoming of a lady. Often times I feel as though Micah is dragging me to his level where I want to bite and kick like a toddler too. Today we have had an especially challenging day. He is feeling good enough to play but not good enough to handle being disciplined. My plan to stay at home all day was changed when Micah nor I could stand looking at each other or the 4 walls. We headed to the chicken house for a little work then to Mick's school to have lunch. When it was time to leave Micah didn't want to and he let me know by trying to bite me and then fling himself out of my arms. He then started to hit me and just act defiant. All of this is taking place in the parking lot. When I tell him if he doesn't stop I am going to spank him he literally screams and tries to throw himself out of my arms. I then swat his fanny, not near hard enough. (I have to digress here to say I had not had a shower or really brushed my hair well, I had my hair in pigtails (silly, I know) and a hat on.) He takes one look at me after the swat and stares me down, reaches around my ear and grabs my left pigtail and precedes to yank it. Are you kidding me? How would he know to do that...I had to hold back laughter because the last time that happened to me I was in the second grade and my best friend Josh Kirby pulled them because I beat him to be line leader. Again I wanted to enter the level of a toddler but I did not. I put him in the car and didn't talk to him the whole way home. (like he even noticed)

1 comment:

sara jackson said...

I could share a lot of things but I am not. I think you are just venting!! You are a GREAT mom and some days are like this. Just grit your teeth and BE FIRM. Somedays they just will try your patience. Take care of you. Also, sometimes it helps me to let out a scream (maybe not in public) but somewhere. It sounds crazy but can help relieve tensions. (sorry I said I wasn't going to share a lot)