Monday, August 4, 2008

The Real World


So today is the official start of the real world. No more Mick around this house for a while. These next few weeks are very trying for us as a family due to exhaustion and bad communication. What is really sad is that we know it's coming and there is little we can do about it. Micah woke up this morning in a bad mood. He stood at the bottom of the stairs and cried mama mama. What he was really doing was calling for Mick, since mama was right next to him! On top of Mick being gone I have alot of work to do. Micah was a trooper and traipsed all over town with me doing Chicken house work. We had to go buy umbrellas and I would promise you he said the word "umbrella" 3 times so clearly. The child can't say... well anything but umbrella apparently comes easy...it is so similar to dog, etc. Softball tryouts start today as well and that means all day and night with Micahbird. He is napping now and has been for a while, thank you Jesus so I have been able to get work done. Yeah! Ok, so nothing exciting to speak of today...that is the way we like it, right?

3 comments:

sara jackson said...

Good luck with little Micah!! I am praying that the days will be pleasant and that you will have time to do what you need to do. I understand your pain though, it feels sometimes like there is not enough time in the day.

The Kimmels said...

I will be praying for you (& amy!) this week! Don't forget that I am here if you need me.

Alison said...

I am with your girl. Did summer really happen? Our softball try outs start today. Yes, my husband has taken on two sports. Thankfully middle school is not as involved as high school. I wouldn't trade with you for anything. I have been the wife of a high school coach before. Not fun. Like I always say, you become a widow during coaching season. Husband, who? I thought I was a single mom. Oh, wait, there is that man that sleeps in my bed at night. That must be him. Ha! Ha! Unfortnately, it is the truth!