Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Nana!



Happy Day from your favorite son, daughter-in-love and grandson!


Every Sunday night is family dinner with the Harper's. Tonight we also celebrated Nana's birthday. She was out of town on the real thing so we celebrated tonight. Rita is probably the best mother in love (she likes to call it) that anyone could have. I tease her all the time that I would never know if she didn't like me because she is so nice to everyone. Seriously, she does so much for her family and gives all of us a picture of who Christ is and how we should live our lives in service to Him. I know she didn't birth me and I love my own momma too, but Rita is an extraordinary woman, mother and nana and I am proud that she is part mine. So, Happy very Late Birthday Nana! We love you very much! Thanks for all that you do specifically for me and Micah bird. We don't know what we would do without you! Micah thinks you are pretty swell too!
At dinner tonight I let Micah show off his mad eating skills. This past week I have had a hard time cooking or eating a meal because Micah needs to be fed too and Mick is gone... and by the time it is all said and done there is no time for me. Sooo, I started giving him a bowl of something and letting him go at it. Mick has a hard time watching this kind of thing go on so we haven't shared it with him til this weekend. Micah did pretty well the last few days with applesauce but tonight I took yogurt and he drowned himself in it as well as a toy car he found and sunk. I was impressed with Mick's patience and that he let Micah enjoy. I bought cheaper yogurt this week, not to worry with the light and fit, we haven't put Micah on a diet just yet!

No comments: