Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sad Sadie!

I know, it makes you want to cry doesn't it? This is the face that Sadie Jane has been making anytime Mick kisses her. It is hilarious! She'll be all smiles with him and loving him but then when his scruffy face hits hers...she puts her lip out as far as she can. This picture doesn't even do it justice because I am holding her, etc. But you have to comfort her immediately thereafter or else she totally looses it. It'll crack you up and break your heart all at the same time.

Say J is 5 whole months as of Sunday. Again I say the Duggars must blink and their 17th child is 21 as much as the second one is so much faster than the first. Sadie Jane is still a joy. She is over her ear infection yet still pulling her ears... apparently she is an advanced teether...says my momma friends and experts. She rolled over ONCE last week and I missed it because I was changing Micah. So far it must have been a Houdini trick because she hasn't gotten over her chunky little arm again. She loves her Bubba and in the morning is my favorite time because the two of them will sit in my lap and talk to each other. She truly adores Micah and if he sits still enough he will adore her too. Although she is wonderful and a joy we still can not get this girl on a schedule! Micah was such a schedule boy to the point that people chastised me for it...but I was confident that God created order and Micah thrived on the consistency. In some ways we had too much consistency...aka meltdown anytime Micah doesn't have his exact expectations met...so with Sadie Jane I had plans not to be so rigid. I did not have plans to never know what the day was to hold. I am exaggerating a bit but with the second one it is so hard to get her on a schedule. Each week I find myself saying- oh next week I think she'll really get the hang of it and here we are five months in and I will not be able to tell you when she'll eat breakfast tomorrow. That drives me crazy. But with all that we are going and doing Sadie Jane just goes with the flow so I think I will just be thankful and not condemn myself just yet. But to those Momma's with two do you find this to be the case for you as well? Or those with one that doesn't do a schedule how did you make it work?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poooor little angel. Love the picture it is so cute even if she does look like she is about to burst out crying. sissy

Anonymous said...

Charlie was on a schedule from about 7 weeks and MK is 8 1/2 months old and is still not on a schedule! I keep thinking the same thing! Let me know what you decide . . .

Amy said...

awww-poor thing!! That face!!! I bet Mick will shave it all off! Pax used to have the same reaction to Brad's Dad's facial hair.