Monday, March 22, 2010

March Supper Club

The boys at supper club...why we make them take a picture I really don't know.
Creepy Uncle Justina...with SayJ loving it.

The girls...thanks to Jonathan for getting Say J in...

This month's supper club was at Aunt April and Uncle Justin's house. It was a St. Patty's theme and we had hoped to be able to attend and relax, ie not take children. But both sets of grandparents went out of town and since they both needed meds and our family had spent no time together we weren't going to attend. Then Aunt April says...oh just bring the kids. So we did. I am pretty sure she didn't think we would and I felt guilty about it the whole time...but I hadn't been out around other adults in so long I just took them and went. We had fun except Micah is going through a really rough stage. It seems to be corelated to either the end of sickness, lack of sleep, hunger, or Mick's absense then reappearance...and then absence again.

Basically Micah is incredibly whiny and prone to fits when something doesn't go his way. I know he is almost three and this will all be over in a few weeks..."terrible twos" that is. But I am just not sure either of us will make it:) Seriously I have found my patience lacking and Micah has just in the last few days started doing things that are over the line for the whole "he's two" excuse. Like flailing on the floor for hours...and today the ultimate disappointment of slapping me in the face in anger as I was carrying him to timeout. I feel like such a failure. I wouldn't document this except for the fact I hope and pray to be able to look back on "how far we've come" in a few months. God is good and I reminded Micah that I want him to obey me so that ultimately he learns to obey our God. So as I gain perspective I will stop taking everything so personally, react less angrily and hopefully show Micah who our God is. Please Lord, Help me do that.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

We are so glad we got to see you guys Saturday and love getting to hang out!