Saturday, October 31, 2009

Harvest Party 2009

All the kiddos plus the two of us who couldn't put our babies down on the floor:)
Jake, Paxton and Micah...

Jake was the only one in costume.

Right after Mick stopped taking the picture Amy got one with all of them smiling and looking!

My two sweeties! Yeah for a picture with both of them.

Amy and Rex and I...Rex was way past ready to go home!

Uncle Mick Mick with Sadie Jane! So cute!

All the girls! Yeah for girls! Love these ladies!

Nasty armpit and Mick...he was the only adult dressed up. He was Larry the Cable Guy. Not a far stretch dear.

Val, the lone adult in a room full of wild indians...see below....


Nice.

Two cutest ladybugs in town!

We hosted our annual Harvest Party for the third year in a row. For those that don't know I don't really like the premise of Halloween, etc. so I call it Harvest to make myself feel better about throwing a party:) I wasn't sure we could pull it off this year with Sadie Jane being so little but we did! I usually don't enjoy parties at my house because I worry about if everyone is having fun, etc. But tonight I didn't really worry and I actually had fun! There were again lots of hands to hold Sadie Jane and Micah actually played well, shared and didn't bite anyone (he hasn't in a long time but you never know). So, I get to visit with friends and talk which was such a treat. It was so rainy that we didn't take the kids trickortreating but they didn't seem to mind or notice. Near the end I let them go out and ring our door bell and trickortreat at our house....nice...I know. Sadie Jane was so good and slept through most of the party and nursed and cried a little but it was fun to be around so many friends. Thanks to those who came and if you didn't and you are in the neighborhood next year stop by!

Who am I? I am really loosing it. But I had fun tonight and Micah never put on his costume, Sadie Jane had on a onesie and no hair accesories and I didn't get any pictures of them in costume. Instead of being upset with myself I am proud. Maybe I will loosen up a little yet. Oh, who am I kidding...I am sure it was just a lapse I'll be back to my nonsense tomorrow:)

3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

So sorry I missed it! The photo of you, Sadie Jane & Micah is awesome and I can't believe Amy ended up getting a photo of all 3 boys smiling, its near impossible. I doubt I will have a wedding to shoot on Halloween next year so we will definitely stop by. I'm so sad I missed it...and don't ask me what i'm doing up at 3am! Couldn't sleep.

Sarah said...

This looks like so much fun! I love kids in costumes...even if my favorite 3 aren't in costume in the pictures :)

Glad YOU had fun too! Love you!

Anne Marie said...

Hey Stephanie, Hope all is well! Im such a big dork and didnt check my email until this past week with over 1200 unread emails and as I went through I saw your email about the harvest party. So sad I missed, looks like you guys had a great time. Hope to see you guys soon.