Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Socially Inept

So after I have babies I become socially inept. I mean it's not that I am a gift to all who encounter me before I have them...but I struggle with even communicating with the outside world after they pop out. I thought I would write this post to explain my behavior. Everyone notices I am not myself and I get all sorts of concerned comments...like you look sad, what is wrong?, etc. etc. I greatly appreciate the concern but I have no idea how to come out of it. I think it has to do with being in a house doing the same thing over and over for hours on end that puts me into a state where once I reenter the world I don't really know how to interact anymore. Plus I stress and worry about every little thing along the first few months. Apparently two children only doubles that anxiety. I am getting better and thankfully the hard core depression I was experiencing is mostly behind me...but there is still this communication hurdle that I have to get over. So be patient if you see me in public as I am not ignoring you or being rude. I'm adjusting that is all. Boy who knew that "pain in childbirth" covered a myriad of pains...at least for this girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl - you are so not alone. MK was so difficult and those first 2 months were so hard, that I just couldn't talk. Seriously - - I avoided people - it took more strength than I had! and even when Chad and I got away for lunch one day - we just sat there -- no talking!
hang in there :)