Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Party at School

Micah sat and obeyed the whole stinkin' time I was there...whose kid is that?
saying the blessing the way Mrs. Mann does it...

showing me what Mrs. Mann does:)
Getting a picture of 2 year olds not so easy.

Micah wasn't real keen on getting to close for a picture after the kid next to him had just almost puked on him.

So today was Micah's Fall Party at school. I haven't mentioned much about it since my many worrying posts. I went with Micah today to the party and we had a great time and it was so fun to see how he acts in a different surrounding. Unfortunately about 2.5 minutes after we arrived the kid next to Micah puked everywhere. Now, while I feel very sorry for that boy and his momma it totally consumed my thoughts the rest of the party. I worried that somehow he breathed Sadie Jane's way or that Micah was in turn going to get it. It was a year ago that we all got the stomach virus in this house...and you all know how dreaded it can be. So while the party was fun my worrying has just begun and will continue til we are out of the window of opportunity.

Enough of that, my momma says I should think positive and think that we will be fine...but then it would catch me off guard and you all know how I need my expectations to be ready and on target. Anyways, I said enough...

I thought I would let you know that aside from the sicknesses that we are picking up from Micah's class it has been a great thing thus far. Micah loves school and is learning alot. His teacher is a really godly woman and makes it much easier to leave him. He loves her so much and talks about her alot. It is so hard to figure out what goes on at school though because these are the only things that he tells me about school:

~ Mrs. Mann and Hannah were the only people in his class.

~ They had peanuts for snacks (almost every day)...no worries, they never actually have.

~ They go to the playground when it is raining.

~ Someone bit him.

~ Someone pulled his shirt.

~ Mrs. Mann says a better blessing than we do.

Apparently they are teaching kids to lie at the baptist preschools.

Seriously, it has been a blessing to have a little bit of time to spend with Sadie Jane and to have Micah do something other than watch tv while I nurse her. I also can make it to the store much easier with one child. Micah hasn't picked up anything noticably worldly or changed his attitude for the worse, my main concerns. And all that time I thought I would be able to devote to homeschooling etc, just isn't there right now...prayerfully it will be in the future. But for now and this season, school has been a blessing for us and obviously a way for Micah to learn more about Jesus which is most important to me. (Not that we aren't at home, but the reinforcement doesn't hurt a bit.) So to most of you thanks for the push to let him go...unless we get the stomach virus...then the thankfulness will be hard to see through vomit.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Just think positively---you won't get the sickness:-) I'm so glad that he is enjoying school and sitting so still!! A lot of times they are a totally different kid at home than at school. Another reason it's fabulous that he's in preschool!

Looking forward to seeing yall Saturday.