Friday, October 9, 2009

looking up!








Things are definitely looking up. I am so relieved and thankful that it does appear that part of my funk has lifted and we actually went to Target today...so that makes everything feel better right? I had commited to two weeks without getting Sadie Jane out but we are almost there and I looked at people with the death look if they even thought about breathing on her.

I even spent 45 minutes alone with both children last night and no one got injured. It is still difficult but I am beginning to gain confidence that we aren't going to indeed fall apart. We will make it. It might not be pretty but we'll make it.

Micah is struggling with the tantrums like no ones business. He loves Sadie Jane so much and even licked her tongue the first time he held her at home...she stuck hers out and he recipirocated. So silly! He hugs her and checks on her constantly...he is a great big brother. But he has definitely cried more than Sadie Jane since her arrival. He just can't seem to get it together. Hopefully soon enough we'll all adjust. And truth be told if there wasn't so much to do I would probably pitch a few fits myself...I think I may have in those first few days, but it is already a blur.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers they are definitely what is seeing me through to sanity. I am sure of the fact that God is using this to teach me to trust Him and to be honest with others about our struggles...because by doing so we open ourselves up but also allow others to go to the feet of Jesus on our behalf, a blessing that can not be explained.

We still don't have internet. Who knows when we'll have it so I will just continue to stop at Nana's when I can to update. Poor Sadie Jane, already such little documentation.

3 comments:

Tracy Carson said...

Way to go Steph! It gets easier, I promise. Target is a huge accomplishment, congrats! SJ is super cute!!

Maggie said...

She is GORGEOUS. glad to hear micah is being a great big brother... i didn't expect anything less. still praying for you. you got this!

The Kimmels said...

I love the one of Micah drinking out of the cereal bowl. ha. so cute. praying for ya'll. love ya.