Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sweet Sadie Jane...




has turned into Sad Sadie Jane these last few weeks. We discovered a week ago that she had acid reflux and have been battling it ever since. We just spent a week on Zantac and went back today because instead of improving she was worsening. Got a prescription for prevacid and we are praying that it does the trick. She is such a sweet girl but it is hard to see her personality through the tears and writhing in pain she's been doing. Today she started refusing to eat and when you are breastfeeding that is just exhausting...and I think she has started corelating that when Momma feeds me I hurt. So she is like could you please get that woman and her breasts away from me! Which makes me so sad too. These pictures are of her in her favorite place and the only place she'll sleep other than her carseat. It is the beloved bouncy seat. Oh how we love thee! I took these because she had gotten her thumb in her mouth, wriggled completely out of the swaddle and one sock. Silly girl! We actually just got her to take a paci yesterday which helped immensely with her screaming bouts. So funny how things change - I fought giving Micah a pacifier for weeks...with SJ we are cramming it down her throat. Ahhh, the joys of the second. Even with all her issues we love her so much. She started talking today, cooing sortof, it is already getting to be a blur. Maybe that is just sleep deprivation.

Oh and Micah got bit at school today. He came home with a note about it but didn't say anything. When I asked him, he said oh yeah, a girl bite my shirt, but I'm all better. Glad to finally be on the receiving end of the biting spectrum. No judgement from this Momma for sure. I hate that he was hurt but wonder if he was taking someone's toy or what he did to provoke a chomping? Fortunately he was completely unphased by it. He is so funny these days. I have got to make a post about that in my spare time.

Please pray that Sadie Jane is better soon!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are sweet! I wonder if she likes the bouncy seat because it keeps her upright and keeps the reflux down. I hope she is on the mends!

Anonymous said...

She'll be better soon - Amy D is right - sitting her upright will help a lot and not too much jiggling. Saw Rita and Charles at ToysRus today - they had a cart and the sale paper with bunches of items circled!!!! Christmas with the Harper's is going to be BIG again this year. Hope you are having a good day. Kiss Sadie Jane for me.