Thursday, November 19, 2009

This Boy...

Just found this picture and needed something to go with the post. We aren't swimming in November, just couldn't put up a post with no picture. Isn't he cute?? I am that Momma...I just can't help it.

Micah has to be the funniest kid ever. I know, I know, everybody thinks their kid is the cutest ever, but now the funniest too. Don't worry I know he really isn't but to this Mommy he is pretty close. I just wanted to record some funny/sweet things he has done lately.

~ When I put him down for his nap he usually acts a fool for a good 20 to 30 minutes talking and saying funny things. Here are some of the top acts of his: just today he got up after being down 10 minutes- came out the door and to the stairs and shouts down to me ...verbatum "That was a great nap Mommy!" Like if he convinced me it was great I would believe he slept. Sneaky but funny. ~another time he brought his tiger out claiming he wasn't obeying and that I needed to put him in time out. I did and then he went to sleep. ~ he sometimes recites nursery rhymes, disciplines me and Mick, etc. ~If only we had a video monitor we would really get a kick out of what he is doing while he is saying these things.

~I was trying to get him to go to the bathroom and he wouldn't go. So I suggested we race. I said, Ready, Set...and then waited for him to signal go...but instead he repeats "Ready, Set,...NO!"

~I spend alot of time nursing, pumping, talking about nursing, pumping, storing breastmilk. Micah often says things that surprise me in this area. He is probably the only two year old that can locate, identify, deliver and talk about breast pads. He can tell when to push the pump button for let down and enjoys using pump parts as bullhorns. Some might find this creepy but it is our day to day so we make the most of it.

~ Along these lines I am always half clothed around our house. (those who have babies in the summer don't know the joys of having to layer your clothing the way you do in the winter to feed on demand) But I generally walk around covered but often in strange ways. Mick made the comment in front of Micah that Mommy should put her boobies up! Now mind you they weren't out of the tanktop I had on, my other shirt was just unbuttoned...and my cup runneth over...so anyways. Now, Micah likes to at lovely opportune times state "Mommy, put your boobies up!" Then crack up incessantly. Can't wait til he says this to someone else. It'll be a proud moment for us all.

~ Micah loves school so much. He also loves his teacher. Today when we went to go he went over to her to tell her he had to leave. You could tell he thought she would be sad that he was leaving early. So funny. Then he leans over and says "I'll miss you, Mrs. Mann." So sweet!

~Also today I missed his school party!!!! The time had gotten changed and I got confused so I came at the very end. I felt terrible and Micah didn't appear scarred. But he kept saying...even after we left. The party is over mommy, it is over! Great.

~ On the way home from the Halloween Party, the one I made it to on time, we are talking about the boy puking and I suggest we pray that God keep us from getting sick too. He says, Mommy let's pray for Wesley (the boy who got sick) that he gets better." Lesson in empathy for Mommy!

Well you can see I can only remember stories from today mostly and there are still many just from that. I will stop now but I want to be able to remember these to tell to his high school girlfriend.


No comments: