Monday, November 9, 2009

What's Going On?

Our finally, happy girl again!
She loves to sleep next to us...


too bad...I can NOT go to sleep when she is close!
My Aunt Dot came to visit this week and we had such fun!

Even a little time for Arts and crafts...getting ready to be thankful! Notice Lamby joined in the fun!
So there is alot going on in our house...no surprise with a 6 week old and a two and a half year old. I have been sporatic with my blogging and found it confusing to do lately because I have become addicted to facebook as well. It is quick and easy to update, to check and to stalk other people. It is also a way to talk to people you might not get to talk to in your everyday life. It is especially fun for momma's I think because it is a way to stay connected when you are having to disconnect to be with your little ones, etc. Facebook was one of those things that I thought was for the "younger generation" and that I simply missed the boat. I still don't know how to work alot of it, but i do enjoy interacting with others on it. But it has put a cramp in my blogging so I am hoping to figure out a good balance and also not waste away time on either:) Not that there is a whole lot to waste.
With that being said Facebook has been such a blessing for me with little Sadie Jane, I have gotten much needed encouragement and advice from wise momma's who have already been down similar roads with their babies. I have feared typing this because I don't want to be wrong but I think the Prevacid along with a million little momma ideas has helped Sadie Jane beat the reflux battle. Thank you Jesus. For those that might be nearing a similar situation or who need some advice I am documenting what has helped us here...(as well as were there to be another little Harper (I know, I know, probably not, but just in case I want to remember what helped)
~ Zantac does NOT work for us...it made things way worse.
~Prevacid once a day has helped tremendously.
~Having SaJa sleep sitting up.
~Only burping her over our shoulder or completely standing up...no more sitting in our laps- that smushed her little belly and made her mad.
~Keeping her upright at least 30 minutes after eating.
~Pumping off an ounce before feeding her because I am Stephy the Milk Cow and I produce enough milk to feed a small country...from 3 feet away mind you.
~Gas drops helped to get the burps out sometimes but they weren't always helpful.
~The "Mickhold" - you'll have to ask him, but he has a way of holding her that makes SJ happy.
~A pacifier helped us, I don't know if it really helped her...but SJ cried less after we got her to use it. She still isn't a huge fan.
I will add as I see what happens.
I also went today for my 6 week check up and all looks good. I got the go ahead to start trying to get in shape and the key is starting slow. We'll see if I can get started at all, but I sure do hope so. I also got permission to pick Micahbird up. Not alot, but she said I could. So I came home and picked up my baby first thing. Man has he gained weight? Or I am way weak now!! I used to could pick him up easy, now I need a forklift. But seriously you don't know how you'll miss something like that til you can't...and I almost cried getting to hold him again. Micah has been counting down the days and we were both so excited! It is the little things right? Stay tuned for a picture of me holding my first baby! I think this has gotten too long and somebody is crying...so long for now...


2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay--on passing your 6 week check up!!!

Kaye said...

glad things are going better with your wee one. she is so cute!!