Thursday, September 24, 2009

stink. stink. stink.

I had great plans for today...but you know how that goes. I got my shopping trip in to the grocery store to buy everything I could think we would need for the next few weeks. So that we aren't out buying toilet paper the day Sadie Jane comes home, etc. Then we finally got through to the doctor and headed to lunch then to the doctor. Mick has a game tonight so I had planned on coming to Nana's and blogging up a storm to catch up for time lost. But things didn't go quite as planned. I got most done at the grocery store but then started having some contractions and stomach issues so had to head out. I will say Mick offered to go for me but I really wanted to get the things I wanted and couldn't make a sufficient list for him. Mick said he was sure the people at the store were thinking my husband was worthless for sending me to the store 9 months pregnant. We then went to lunch and headed to the dr. But the dr was late...and I was still having contractions and just feeling bad. Mick was there to help but then because the dr. was late he had to head to the ballfield. Priorities people. So then they decided I had to be hooked up to the monitor...which is the reason this pregnancy I never told them about my contractions...but today they were sufficiently stronger. Micah and I camped out in the room and Micah kept saying funny things like "why did they just leave you here?" and "what is that other lady doing over there?" Then he had to go tee tee and a nurse just came in and took him...I couldn't believe he went with her but she is one of those tougher nurses and I guess he was afraid to go against her suggestions. He got skittles for being so good and they take a long time to chew...so he slept for five minutes on the way home then refused to go back to sleep. The dr. said I needed to go home and drink water and lay down...that they would probably subside. It looked like I might be dehydrated and causing irritability...this is what they said. So that wasn't possible with Micah's lack of naptime. So I cried for a minute and then headed over here to Nana's to let someone else take care of Micah...foreshadowing of the next few weeks when I will be unable to do so. I have drank a gallon of water but so far no subsiding...we'll see how long Sadie Jane holds on. Hopefully til Monday I really wanted to see Fame this weekend:)

No comments: