Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Shower

*Read below for story of pictures...














Today my sister-in-law, Wendy and mother-in-law threw me a predominantly family(or like family) baby shower. We had a great time just catching up with family and getting really cute pink things! Wendy and Rita did a great job on the food and it was so nice to get useful things and cute things. One of my favorites was from my Grandmama who got me a piggy bank that was wearing a tutu and a princess crown. So cute! I love having a girl so far...not that I have had any experience yet. I am growing everyday and am still excited and nervous about Sadie Jane's arrival. I had Micah at 37 weeks and I will be 37 weeks on Wed. I never experienced labor or anything so I have had to call friends to ask if I am in labor a couple of times this weekend. Wise words from my friend Alison were "If you have to ask me Stephanie then you probably aren't in labor." She said I would definitely know so no trips to the hospital for me unless I am doubling over...we'll see, we all know what a sissy I am. We are down to two weeks til the day SJ will be here, if she doesn't come sooner. Lots to do, lots to finish and lots to post about...I wonder if I'll make time after she comes...either way...they'll be pictures...lots of pictures.

* I forgot to break my camera out til the end. Shame. But then we attempted to get a picture of all the girls...Me, Wendy, Bay, Charlee Ray and Sadie Jane...but Bay could not keep her eyes open. My mom convinced her to open them real wide and the first picture is our best product. Bug eye Bay is better than closed eyes...and my mom actually got us all in the picture. Which for her is an accomplishment.
* And while I did really like the stuffed animals from Pops I had to use them as a prop because the flash from the camera illuminated my white over the shoulder boulder holder and I looked like I had two baseballs in my shirt(plus a basketball). But I couldn't leave with no pictures so we improvised. Lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, So sorry I had to miss the shower. It looks like you had lots of fun. I loved the piggy bank also. Hope to see you soon and Sadie Jane too. Love, sissy

Amy said...

That was a really creative way to hide the "boulders"! That's funny!!! I'm sorry I couldn't be there, too! Love you! Call me if you want to get together this week.