Wednesday, October 15, 2008

warrior

So I thought I was going to save this post for my other blog...but then I thought that since the Lord shared it with me I would share with as many people as I could. Most of you know that the situation with my sister is worsening and yesterday was not a good day. Every time I get the least bit comfortable with the situation some kind of turmoil happened. Bottom line she needs to be somewhere in residential treatment. Yesterday morning she called me to communicate that, but then by last night it had become all my fault that she would be going somewhere like that and she was refusing to go. I lay in bed this morning crying out to God with sheer confusion. The verse "Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything in prayer and supplication present your requests to the Lord." (the stephanie version) So I started praying. Then I got up to do my quiet time. I began reading and it was on the Lord being our warrior and fighting for us. It was also about how satan convinces women especially that we are weak and are not warriors. But God says we are...in the book it went verse after verse reminding me of truth that I so needed to hear:
1 Peter 5:8
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1 John 4:4
...greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
ephesians 6:10-13
about the full armor of God
I say all this because I don't know about you but so often I forget we are still in battle with satan here on earth. It shouldn't be a mystery why things are hard or confusing, but I forget. The other part I forget is that God has already won our battle and if we rest in Him and go to Him as our warrior then we have strength beyond belief. So that is what I am praying for today, and I would ask that you do the same. satan is trying to overtake this situation with my sister and I can't let him.
I wanted to leave the last part of the chapter I am reading in "Captivating"
"Let us say it again. Your life is a Love Story set in the midst of a life-and-death battle. The beauty, the adventure, the intimacy - they are what are most real. But it is a battle to gain them and a battle to keep them. A battle for your own heart and a battle for the hearts around you. 'The LORD is a warrior,; the Lord is His name' Ex 15:3 Jesus fights on your behalf and on behalf of those you love. He asks you to join him.

God is so amazing that this was just what I needed to hear. This battle for my sister isn't mine alone...it is the Lord's and I am asking Him to fight on my behalf because on my own I have grown SO weary. Again, thank you for praying and please pray that today satan would back off so that the Lord's plan can be clear and true.

No comments: