Tuesday, October 28, 2008

enough

I have tried to limit this blog to the fun part of our life recently and not bog it down with the hard. But such is life and God is continuing to refine me through circumstances with my sister. Things with my sister continue to be hard. She is still at a halfway house and is still sober. (as far as I know). But after much prayer and angst a week ago I gave her options for the future in realizing that the place we had paid for was not going to work for her long term...she needs more intensive treatment. To summarize a long story she didn't like my choices and let me know it. We haven't talked since. Yesterday she has taken a turn of doing some vindictive and hurtful things specifically to me and I am filled with both hurt and anger. I will leave it at that, probably already saying too much. All I know is that I am doing what I think is right and focusing on the Lord. I know that no matter what He is enough for me and I don't have to have others acceptance or to justify myself to them...oh how I want to though. But God is more than enough for me and I have to remember He is still in control and on the throne. Just please pray for my sister and peace for my heart in knowing what is right and sticking to it; believing that God is enough no matter what the cost of serving Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I really didn't think things could get worse for you and the Sis Situation. I know that you are doing what God has led you to do. Serving HIM is not always easy - just look at Noah, Jonah, Moses, the disciples, Paul, not to mention Martin Luther, the POW's like McCain, every pastor and missionary, Mother Teresa - shall I go on? You get my drift. Sometimes it is the bad times that make us rely on God when we should do that every day, every minute but we don't. God will handle this but it may take Sis hitting rock bottom before she is willing to look up. One day, she will regret her decisions and I pray that one day she will be well, happy and whole again. Love you. mkm

Amy said...

Even though I don't say it often enough, you're in my thoughts and prayers, and I love and appreciate our friendship.

Anonymous said...

Steph, my heart goes out to you. I know how you have loved and cared for her all these years. You really seem to be having such a Christ like attitude. Just keep on keeping on, trusting in the Lord. Just remember that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. His timing is always perfect! How blessed she is to have a sister who loves her like you do. You are in my prayers. Love you girl!