Sunday, October 5, 2008

close ups





We have had a very good, uneventful weekend. We took a break from other distractions and just had lots of family time. It was much needed and lots of fun. Micah focused on tee teeing and actually tonight asked to go tee tee...and then went. Strangely no no, to Micah means no and yes...so what he said was "no no tee tee" and then grabbed my hand and took me to the potty. Obviously it is hard to potty train someone who can not communicate so we still aren't actually training yet. I hope this isn't to our detriment when we want to give the whole thing a full force try.

Also today I remembered again why I love my life, even with all the hard stuff. I played tennis today and won. Yeah! so far this season we (my partner and I) are undefeated. Which means since I typed that we will loose next week. I digress, ok so I got home from playing and Micah woke up crying. I went in to check on him and I immediately picked him up and he layed back down on me with "blankie" and "lamby". As I held him I thought about the fact that being a mom is all I have ever wanted to do and I am getting to do it. I love that I don't miss moments like today with Micah and that I am almost always there when he wakes up. I know it isn't that way for everyone but for me it is my calling. I know it is where God wants me and I am so thankful that I get to be there. I love that picking up my son and holding him makes him feel safe and that I can offer him that consistently. I know there are so many struggles and areas where I fail. But I love being a mom and I pray that I get the opportunity to do it again and maybe again:) Who knows what God has for our family but for now I will enjoy Micah.

No comments: