Monday, June 9, 2008

trip to the lake...

My little snake charmer, head or no head I am not touching that thing!
The boys!
Nice look!
Even better for a kid who wont swim...

so maybe I shouldn't post pictures after every trip to the lake because they are starting to look redundant. But I am doing it anyway.

Not five minutes after we got to the lakehouse Micah was in the water. Well, it was more than five but you get what I mean. He played in the sand for a while but then he wanted in the lake. He and I were in there just about knee deep when our neighbors sitting on their dock suggested we get out of the water. There was a snake headed straight for us. Yikes! They went and got their gun and the snake came right up to the edge. We didn't stop to ask if it was poisonous for all you snakelovers out there. So bam...dead snake with no head. Afterwards we got the snake book out and had we introduced ourselves it would have gotten to live. Oh well. My daddy says the only good snake is a dead snake. I think I like the nature of birds and geese at our house than snakes and scorpions at the lake. Otherwise the weekend was great! My mom kept Micah so Dad, Mick and I could go to Santuck Flea Market. It was packed and 96 degrees @ 10:00 but it was fun and nice to go without a stroller, although there was no place to put our finds. Micah swam and played in the sand and Hayden got a little bit braver each time in. We finally got him to swim in his lifevest. A real accomplishment for him!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Well i don't think i would have gotten back in the water after that snake. I agree, the only good snake is a DEAD snake!