Thursday, June 5, 2008

girls night out!






I had not had a girls night in so long nor had I really realized the importance of them until I had Micah. There are so many things that you don't understand or relate to until you have a child of your own(my momma always said the day would come). One of them is the need for time with other women. It is good to have family time and I am so thankful that we have made that a priority but I see another need for time with other Christian mothers and women. So for my birthday I wanted Mick to watch Micah while I spent some time with some of my friends. It was so good! Thank you to Mick! Three of my best friends in the world who all have children and busy schedules took time out to hang out with me. While I got a lot of great presents for my birthday; time with these ladies ranks at the top.


They are each from totally separate areas of my life yet they get along really well and it seemed that they had fun too. Or at least pretended really well. Hopefully my girls nights wont be as far apart this time and maybe we can add to the group. Thanks Amy, Alison and April for spending time with me! Paxton was the lone man on our night out and he behaved perfectly. I know he was just being sweet to his Aunt Steph.


Seriously though I was almost in tears talking to Mick last night about how thankful I was for that time. It's not as though we solved the worlds problems or had any great revelations but there is something to be said for having those around you relate to what you are going through. I thank God that he designed women in a way that we minister His love to one another by just being together!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I had so much fun! Thanks for asking. It was so good to be with girls and do girl stuff. It was also good for my spirit. I believe I thanked Doug ten times before the night was over with. :)
Love ya!
Alison

Amy said...

Yes-it was a GREAT evening!!! I had so much time! Thanks, girls, for letting Paxton come along! Let's do it again sometime. My birthday is in a month:-)

April said...

OK, OK so I'll start reading Stephanie's dang blog!! Just kidding. :) I had a wonderful time and can't wait to hopefully do it again very soon! I also didn't realize just how much I needed that..it was the perfect girls nite out. So thank YOU Steph!
Love you - April <><