Friday, June 27, 2008

busy days and busy nights...




Yesterday we took Hayden and Micah to Centennial Olympic Park and the Varsity. Thanks to Sara for the park suggestion. For those not from the ATL there is a big park that has a fountain that kids can play in. Hayden was so excited and even packed his goggles. We didn't think he understood where we were going. But when we got there he played like a mad man, with his goggles on. I can assure you he was the only child there with them on. Micah did not care for the fountain. He kept thinking it was trying to attack him. Which honestly, was ok with me, because it stunk really bad and there were too many big kids for him to fend off while getting in it. There were however, three playgrounds there to play at too and Micah much preferred the dry land. After we played and Mick and I had sufficient booty sweat we headed to the varsity. Hayden wore his hat the whole meal and both boys did great. When we got home I put Micah down for his one nap and headed to the pool with Hayden. He had been complaining about his ear but said he felt fine. I was laying out at the pool and he said he thought he just might lay down with me. He never does this so I insisted we call the doctor. Sure enough swimmer's ear...you know what is good for that....dirty water from a fountain and a trip to the pool. Oh well! He was such a trooper and definitely tricked us into thinking he was good when there was something fun involved. After the doctor visit I came home to cook dinner for my next door neighbor growing up and his wife who are moving back to town. We don't have lots of pictures from today because the batteries in my camera keep dying! I think we are going to have to take it back. We'll see though. I so wish I had a shot of Hayden running through that fountain with goggles on!

No comments: