Wednesday, June 11, 2008

fun with friends...






Micah doesn't get to interact with very many kids his same age. He gets to spend lots of time with cousins and smaller babies beause I am at home with him. I am thankful for our time together but often feel bad that he doesn't get time with other babies. So today I borrowed another one of Aunt Amy's friends who has a son 3 weeks older than Micah. Amy, Anna and I took the boys on a walk then nap then lunch then a trip to the pool. We had a great time hanging out and just letting the boys interact. Micah is still pretty agressive but Jayden could hold his own with him so that was good for him. Micah did bonk him pretty hard on the head with a golf club which got him a ticket to the timeout restraint hold but other than that they were pretty sweet to each other. Jayden got irritated on the walk because in the wagon Micah kept taking his paci or pulling up his shirt to show him his belly button. They predominately did their own thing until they decided not to play in the pool but in the wagon instead. Too cute! Paxton was perfect as usual and Aunt Amy was a big help. What will we do when Paxton can walk and she isn't there to run after Micah!


On another completely different note, stop reading if you don't like to talk about breastfeeding or are indifferent with it....

Today marks a week of no more nursing for Micah and I. I didn't want to say anything until I was sure he was done because I thought we might backslide but he is all done for sure. It is bittersweet for me because my body is all mine again and I can come and go as I please with no chain holding me to my child....but that sweet time of being close and still is now over. I still haven't really thought about it hard because I think I might cry. Micah is really becoming a big boy and I am thankful that I could nurse him for a year, my goal was 6 months. I had lots of trials with infections and nipple problems and it seemed like for a while we would never get it right. But then it became a huge accomplishment. So for those readers who are contemplating it know that it can be hard but it has huge rewards. Not that I knock you AT ALL if you go the formula route. After nursing and my struggles I definitely understand why you might not nurse or why you possibly can't. Amy and I were talking about nursing while her 15 year old cousin listened and she mentioned that she didn't think she would nurse. I smiled a little because I thought at 15 years old I am pretty sure breastfeeding was the last thing on my mind, nor had I read the 15 books that told me I should...I told her you never know what you'll do for you baby when you have one. I am both happy and sad that that chapter of Micah's life is over but I pray he reaps the rewards for a lifetime! If you are still reading, sorry for the long story, I feel like such a boob! (that last line is for the hubby who can no longer make any breast related jokes and mask them behind nursing issues)

5 comments:

Summer said...

Looks like a fun day at the pool. I'm jealous!

Amy said...

Thanks for letting us hang out with you all day yesterday! Paxton and I had a great time!! Thanks for sharing your neighborhood, home, and pool with us! Love you!

Sarah said...

My mom is convinced I am so smart because I was breastfed! Haha. Micah will be boy genius because of you!!

Anonymous said...

okay, so I really want to see you and Micah, I am stunned it's been a year! I found your blog and have LOVED reading it and catching up on your life. I would be willing to make a trip out to see you guys soon if it would work for you. Are there days that are better? I miss you and love you and am smitten with your little Micah, he is so adorable!!

The Kimmels said...

I am so behind on your blog!! I really really enjoyed seeing you guys tonight! I hope we can do that more often! I love the photo of Paxton in the little cap, crying. Too cute! I hope I get to see you again real soon!!