Saturday, June 21, 2008

Touch-a-Truck Day




Yesterday I had to work at the chicken house all day. We had an event there for kids to come touch a fire truck and win prizes, etc. I think it went pretty well and we had a good turn out. We didn't get much encouragement from the boss, but oh well, still working for the Lord not for men, right? Mick kept Micah all day and brought him to the event and lunch. Micah really liked the truck but not the cow. He finally warmed up to him at the end. I told him he had to like the moo cow. I also thought I should mention that Micah is all about nuggets and waffle fries these days. He is still eating healthy at home but if he sees the boxes for either he goes crazy grunting and pointing for it. I had hoped we could keep him from the fried goodness a little bit longer but considering how much I ate of it while pregnant and nursing the boy was probably born with my same addiction that his mother has...The fireman turned out to be someone we knew so he let Micah step into his boots, a real honor that Micah didn't seem to appreciate. But it did make a cute picture.

We are off to the lake again...Mick is finally out for the summer! Summer school is officially over and Mick finally gets a few days off. Thanks to Mick for all his hard working to keep making that big teaching money so Micah and I can play more.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I want a Micah-he is too cute!!