Sunday, April 17, 2011

Treasure Hunt




So I have been having major blog trouble. After I got through with half of our trip it cut me off. I guess it didn't want anymore of my pics. Amy mentioned I might have to pay to get more space, etc...but somehow tonight it just let me load em up. We'll see if I get another post in or not.
This is from probably one of my all time favorite days as a family. It was pretty cold so we knew we could go to the beach but I wanted the kiddos to have fun. So I off the cuff, literally while we were driving concocted a whole plan for a treasure hunt. For those of you who watch disney ad nauseum like us, you know Jake and The Neverland Pirates well, as I do. Micah really loves it and it is just a little more grown up than Mickey Mouse, which has always had his heart. I knew that there was an island/pirate playground in Destin and it would be fun to make it a treasure hunt on the way there. Micah completely bought in. So I got to make it even more fun every step of the way. It was just awesome seeing him have so much fun and be so imaginative. (as opposed to whiny and demanding:)) Sadie Jane just trotted her cute self all around with not a clue what was going on, but was happy to be along for the ride...and she answered to Izzy pretty well. We all were assigned a name while on the island and Micah took it very seriously. So much so that when SadieJane fell in a little playhouse I reached for her and said "Sage, are you alright?" Micah immediately, said "Mom, it's IZZY!" Long story longer, Micah found the treasure at the top of the pirate ship and talked about it for days. We then ran around the trails singing the Jake theme songs and running from Captain Hook (Mick). Awesome day!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This is so great Steph. You reallu do make the most of your time with your kids and these are the things they are going to remember forever. Thanks for the inspiration for a future date. Love you