Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lucky Prom Night




As the three loyal readers know, every year that I am not nursing a baby Mick and I get to go the prom. Mick always gives his baseball team the same lecture, that they should be safe, don't be dumb, and that the only person getting lucky on prom night should be him. Nice.
We had a great time on our prom date. I can say if we had had the opportunity to dance it would've been more fun than my other proms. But Mick just insists I stay off the bumpin' and grindin' dance floor. This year was no different we got to see girls and boys doing things that their parents would report that they would never do. I can still remember we bought my prom VHS video my junior year because I was crowned Prom Princess (I know you are impressed...), well when we brought it home to watch it I had to fast forward through all the dancing because I was a little embarrassed for my parents to see me on the dance floor. I think they thought it wise to stop videoing the prom shortly thereafter. I digressed...and am about to some more. There were a few dresses that were so short that things were hanging out the back but there were not near as many strategically cut out dresses as it looks like those might have thankfully gone out of style. The people watching is some of the best at the prom. The way the girls and guys act, I just look and wander what the teacher's thought of me back then, then I can just turn and ask Mick then, he was in that junior prom video too, but I don't think the teacher's were allowed to dance then. I also look and think, oh dear Lord, what will it look like when Micah and SadieJane go, yikes! I am scared to think. Hopefully Mick and I will be there then, me in my 10 dollars or less last years style prom dress and Mick in his same suit and tie. Can't wait til next year! It is definitely one of my favorite dates of the year!

4 comments:

Keith Carson said...

You guys look great!

Tracy Carson said...

Haha, I was signed in as Keith, but it's Tracy!

Wendy said...

You do look stunning, the hottest girl there I am sure.

kmlindsay said...

You look great in your prom dress, $10 or not. I love your blog, you are so darn funny! Your Sadie Jane reminds me of Kelly's Ann Marie :)