Monday, April 25, 2011

School Egg Hunt Disaster





Micah had his school Easter Egg Hunt/Party last week. I am the room mom for his class. I have NO idea what a good room mom does. I know what I do, and I'm pretty sure, that ain't it:) I usually have SadieJane for these parties which at times is challenging but Micah's teacher's are great and they usually help me keep from loosing her. But last week I decided it'd be a great idea to run 5 miles before the party. Then I unleashed SayJ from the stroller while trying to help organize the egg hunt. We were not confined to Micah's classroom so she was quite the mover. She did help me hide eggs and thankfully the mom's in the class are always sooo nice to help. I think because they all are thinking, I should really help this girl out, and next year I better be room mom. I'm sure there'll be extravagant homemade goods and beautiful arts and crafts, instead of my hobby lobby goodness and kroger plus card specials. They are going to get the opportunity, that is for sure:) Anyways, on to the egg hunt at hand. This was Micah's first hunt of the season and he was apparently oh so eager. So much so that he took his Easter (metal) bucket and while trying to get past a sweet girl in her Easter finest, bonked her noggin' and the sound was heard throughout the field. As were the wails of the little girl after she realized what had happened. Micah on the other hand, never stopped. I would like to hope that he just didn't know he did it, but the competitor in him, most likely heard it but only heard it faintly over the noise of the eggs just calling his name! We did apologize and I in turn felt so badly that I helped her find as many eggs as possible. Which is why I missed seeing Micah hunt. But not to worry, there were more egg hunts to be had throughout the weekend.

No comments: