Monday, February 22, 2010

The Tradition Continues





I guess I should start by thanking or blaming Uncle Mickey for this lovely tradition. Since Micah was about 6 months Mick would hold him in the air like a little cheerleader. I would cringe and I can not count how many times I have said "Mick, please put him down!" as onlookers stared and shamed me for being such a mother. Mick has always gotten alot of attention from others for doing this and we all know how he hates that, ha ha. I have always said it wasn't about Micah doing it but about people giving Mick the attention he needs. At Olive Garden one time I overheard two elderly women plotting to call child services on us for abusing our child! While I am not a huge fan of this "stunt" I have come to accept the fact that I have no control over my two boys. Well, about a week ago I saw Mick "working" with Sadie Jane and I knew what was coming...and up she went. She actually loves it and her little hamhocks all smushed together is a bit cute. My hands still sweat when I see Mick doing it and I still insist he stop it, but I am wise enough now to know that this is just the first of many photoshoots of SayJ and her Daddy doing their cheerleading...at least there is more of a possibility of a future there for Sadie Jane, because I am not thinking Mick would want Micah to go that route.
Also we do usually put pants on her in the winter but she had her third blowout in 24 hours and I was tired of doing laundry so we were staying home so I let her go pantless. I know it is a great look, right?? But with pants you couldn't see those hammy's either!

6 comments:

EMU said...

I love it! I was just telling someone about this the other day! : )

The Kimmels said...

oh my. HA. I challenge him to do both at once. :)

Anne Marie said...

So fun! I wanted to tell you that I got your message!!! So sorry it was not working. That may be why no one else left a comment!! Can't wait to see you guys soon ;)

Summer said...

She's got some thunder thighs....love it!! If she is anything like you she'll lose those in no time :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I was wondering when Mick would start doing that with Sadie Jane like he did with Micah. lol sissy

MissingMyIsaac said...

That is freakin hilarious!!! Gosh, makes me grateful that my husband just spins ours upside-down ... hahahaha