Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How do you know?

This is a question I think every momma asks...how do you know when to take your child to the doctor? Say J had her first ear infection a few weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. We have already made a trek back while on antibiotics because she was so grumpy (for her) to find I was simply wrong. With Micah he had continuous ear infections so I am concerned that Sadie Jane will be the same way...and she is so happy go lucky that her grumpiness could be confused with just a normal baby. But if I don't take her and I make her sit with an ear infection I will feel awful. She is pulling her ear like it is her job (which Micah's doctor told me is NOT as sign of an ear infection, but is still worrisome to me) Soooo...we are headed back to the doctor today. I wish that I could simply be trained in the art of ear infection detection and be given a dozen of those little rapid strep tests. With those two things alone I could save our family thousands. But alas, I don't have them so I must pay my copay for the doctor to give me the look. With Micah I had the excuse of "I'm a first time momma" but now, I am just me, a little overprotective and a lot a worrier. Praying for Sadie Jane to be well, but at the same time wondering what in the world is wrong with her if her ears are fine. Ahhh, motherhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the little princess feels better soon and gets back to her happy self. sissy

blakley said...

I had that problem with Makayla. But my doctor actually told me after a few visits and still no ear infection...that teething also makes them pull on their ears because the nerves are so closely attached that babies can't tell a difference. She might be beginning to cut a tooth. Idk...just a thought! ;)