Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day with More Old Friends...

Amy, Me, and SayJ.
Janice, Val, Nancy and Guest of Honor Michele

The boys and their Momma's!

Take two

Mesmerized.

Sadie Jane, with Daddy's hat on.

You can tell which two kiddos had never watched a movie at dinner...Micah and Pax refused to look.
Kristen had the most popular lap in the place!
SayJ with Daddy!

Another.
We continued our visits with out of town friends on Friday night at Longhorn's with my mom's friend Michele visiting from Texas. I was again without Mick or a sitter but had PLENTY of helpful hands in friends and other Grandma's! I couldn't believe that I actually enjoyed myself and got to eat my meal! Thanks to Amy, Val, Janice, Kristen and Brad taking Micah to the "mens"! Kristen whipped out the DVD player after the boys had eaten and we were all still visiting...slowly but surely every child made their way to her lap. Which is even funnier because she and Brad are expecting a little girl in July! Her lap really was SO full. Needless to say Sadie Jane is so excited not to be the only girl in this group of boys! Mick called at the end to come rescue me so I grabbed Say J and pretended it had been so difficult so that he would help with her:) just teasing! It was a fun night visiting with old friends. Sadly it takes Michele coming in from out of town for all of us to get together when we all live within ten minutes of each other. But such is life and busyness. We missed my parents who just couldn't resist heading to the lake! So these pictures are mainly for Mom. Mick did make it for a few minutes to help me get the kiddos home after he won his game! If it ever warms up we will make it to a game, but it doesn't look promising thus far. Go Panthers!


3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

Gotta admit that I've never thought about the portable DVD player for movies at dinner. Not a bad idea for those rough nights. Love the photos as always. Isn't it great to have old friends even if the visits are few & far between b/c of our busy-bee lives?

Amy said...

Great pictures and great fun!!

Love you!

Ginny Underwood said...

Love the pictures! Can't believe how much Brad's little boy looks like he did at that age! I taught Brad in 2 year preschool!