Thursday, February 11, 2010

birdisms...

Micah tries my patience quite often...but even more than that he delights me and cracks me up! Over the last few days I have thought to myself that I need to record a few, so here they are:

~On the way to preschool when I was little Mrs. Julie, my neighbors mom and carpooler would have us memorize scripture for Dairy Queen as incentives. I have been trying it with Micah lately but so far, not so good...I know, he's 2 and a half so maybe next year most likely. Anyways, I was shortening my favorite verse for him to learn, Romans 8:28. So I said "God works for the good" Micah can you repeat that? Micah says, "Did you know God also works for gummies?" No, I did not.

~We've tried to pull away a bit from our dear Taylor Swift in the car. I can only take so much of my "usedtobe" favorite artist. Francesca Batastelli is my favorite and we just got Mick a new cd that he loves. Today we are playing with SayJ's little microphone and piano thing and it starts to play a kids song...Micah asks which one, I tell him I think it is "If all of the raindrops were ..." He says "No, Mommy that is the Zac Brown Band playing. Seriously.

~ I wouldn't neccesarily recommend the ZBB for two year olds. There isn't a lot of eternal value in it, ok none really but it isn't short on cuss words. Anyways, Mick likes it and Micah does too. It is humorous to hear your child sing "sic'em on a chicken" but it wont be humorous to hear him repeat ugly language. So I had asked Mick to turn it off on the way to church but he just put it on something more wholesome "Chicken Fried"...as we exit our car, in the Baptist parking lot Micah screams "cold beer on a Friday night" I think we are back to T. Swifty.

~ Since we are discussing ugly words today Micah was stalling at nap time and slamming the door. All of the sudden he slams it and screams "Dang it!" I said, what did you say? and sure enough he'd said that. Where that came from I really don't know...the boy used it in context though...

~While getting ready for a FCA Coaches dinner tonight I told Micah he would be staying with Nana and that we would be going to have someone teach us more about Jesus. An hour later Micah looks at me and says, "I don't want to stay with Nana, I want to go hear from God" Yeah, me too, Bird, me too.

1 comment:

The Kimmels said...

Those totally cracked me up. I LOVE hearing the 'insightful' things kids say. One of my favorite posts lately! :) haha I especially liked the "that's zac brown band playing" and " I want to go hear from God". HA