Saturday, February 16, 2008

you take the good with the bad

Well, it has been a good and bad weekend all in one. Mick and I had a date last night for our late Valentine's Day. Nana watched Micah while we went out to dinner. It is only the 3rd time we have done that in the 9 months of Micah's life. I am usually pretty sad to leave him when I go to work but I'll have to say I wasn't that sad to leave him knowing Mick and I were actually going to be able to finish a conversation without passing a wipe or plugging a mouth with a paci. We did talk about him, but not the whole time. Having a child makes it fun to date again. You almost forget how to act just the two of you...at least it felt that way to me. So, thank you, thank you a million times Nana for making our Friday night. So that was the good and the bad was Micah went psycho last night at about 10:30. He woke up screaming and did so for quite a while and woke up the same way again at 6:30. Who knows why...is it ears, teething, upset tummy, or all of the above? We'll never know but he seems to be ok now.
For personal chronicling(I don't think that is a word) Micah has gained a few new tricks. I know he isn't a dog but that is what we call them. When you ask Micah where his belly button is he smiles and pulls up his shirt. This is the first of us knowing he actually gets our communication attempts. Micah also has started to clap. This one we haven't been working on, it just happened. Yeah, clap, clap for Micah! The last thing is that he likes to point this week. Mick says he is saying that Daddy is number one but I think not. It is funny because now he points at people as we pass them in the store, it looks kind of rude but oh well you can't squash an attempt at something new for the sake of rudeness.
Ok, well there aren't any pictures on this post just boring words. I am sure we will be taking some cute pictures again soon but the Vday photo shoot really wore Micah out!

2 comments:

beth ewing said...

date nights are the best. the best thing you can do for you son is show him that his daddy and mommy love each other. so keep it up.

Sara said...

Stephanie,
Hey!!! I found your blog through Tracy's, and was so excited to see your sweet face, and to see your handsome boy! So cute! Sounds like you are having a great time as a mom, despite the sicknesses.
Glad to reconnect!
Sara Smyrl Sanders