Monday, February 18, 2008

Rites of Passage and Randomness




I guess what happened today would be a rite of passage. For those of you who slipped through the diaper stage without this blessing let me say you don't know what you missed. Today Mick had the day off from school so I got to have some help while I worked. Mick fed Micah at the chicken house while I did some work and then we ate lunch there...yes, I still eat there every day even though I work there.

After lunch you could smell that Micah had done some business over the lunch period. Mick immediately passed the bundle of stank to me. We went to the changing table and well you know how the rest goes. It was everywhere. By the time we left the boy had on one sock, a diaper and a tshirt. My little redneck baby.

As a sidenote I will say I have never not noticed when Micah was filling his pants. It is very obvious, but somehow his father missed these blatant signals. Or maybe he didn't but didn't want to scrape you know what off the bathroom walls.

Ok, I know most of you didn't want a page of crappy writing but I know Micah will enjoy reading that to all the ladies one day!


The other rite of passage made me cry for a sentimental reason. Micah moved out of his little carrier today into a big boy car seat. He is almost too big for his other one and he is 1/2 pound away from being to heavy so we made the swap. For some reason it made me sad..seeing him sitting up like a little toddler. He is still a baby though...just in a large body with a pretty big head.

This picture is just one of the funniest faces to me I have ever seen Micah make...These picture are just silly ones I took of Micah. He pulled a picture of my cousin Redmond off the frig and kept eating it. I thought it would be funny to show Red. But Micah would never hold the picture just right when I took the picture. It was so funny though, because it looked like he was biting his head off...

No comments: