Wednesday, February 13, 2008

finally smilin'


It has been a long two days in our house. Micah has been the sickest yet. Yesterday he was in a big haze and all he did was lay on me and sleep. It broke my heart to see him so sick. I know that God blesses us with children because it gives us a glimpse at the empathy and way that our Heavenly Father looks at us when we are hurting. When Micah is sick I physically feel ill. I feel like he is such a part of me that I take on his pain. I finally understand how my Momma felt seeing me sick. And I can't even imagine what Jesus felt on the cross as he took on all our sin and pain...
About my first boy...after seeing the ENT doctor Micah is going to get tubes in his ears. They did some kind of test and he has fluid in his ears as well as behind the ear drum. His fever and sickness yesterday may or may not be related to his ear issue. But today is a new day and Micah is finally smiling again! Praise the Lord! He is so much better. It is amazing how their tiny bodies deal with infection so quickly. (except for where his ears are concerned)
I am not excited about the prospect of tubes but from many other sweet mamas I have heard it isn't as bad as it seems. We'll see though. Feb. 27th is the day I am sure there will be much to write about in the days leading up to this minor surgery.
I went to the doctor with my other boy today. Mick's back has unfortunatly gotten worse at the exact time that Micah has been sick. We talked with his doctor today and surgery may be the best possibility for him as well. But his surgery would be anything but minor.
Sooo, we have alot of praying to do in our house and we are focusing on the positive and what we are thankful for: good insurance, my health for today, great family help, friend that love us and a God who sees how needy we are and loves us just the same. Praise Him for that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Harper Family -

Micah I am so sorry that you are not feeling well right now, but I know that things will get better. : ) I will continue to keep you and your mommy and daddy in my prayers! I LOVE reading the blogs Stephanie - I don't know how you do it. Keep it up! Talk to you soon...

Auntie Fhonda

Anonymous said...

What the Hill-Harper. Hey Steph found this through the Carson's blog. Yall have a beautiful son. Your stories made me chuckle. Hope life is treating you well.
Andy Platt

Amy said...

Wow!! Poor baby!! Let me know how we can help out!

beth ewing said...

when it rains it pours girl! still praying for you all.