Saturday, February 9, 2008

seeing the precious in the usual

Today we have done the usual. Mick worked in the morning. Micah ate and napped and then we did our weekly lunch at the mall. Those of you that live far from family wont believe how we just happened to end up eating lunch with my parents, mick's parents and their friends Hank and Betty and of course my nephew Hayden. It was an unplanned event but we all ended up at the mall and ate lunch together. What a blessing to be able to spend time and for Micah to be able to be loved on by so many people. The other precious part of today is how loving Micah has been. He is all boy and I have said that the main reason I will be sad to give up nursing is that is the only time he is affectionate. Otherwise he is twisting and turning and now crawling away from my hugs and kisses. But today he has been content to talk sweet babble to me while I carried him around the mall and then on the way to the car he even rested his big ole head on my shoulder. There isn't much better than that. We also discovered we didn't give him his pacifier at all today. This was so nice not to have to pick that thing up off the floor 97 times. Well, the day is only half over and I am looking forward to seeing what precious thing Micah will do when he wakes up from his nap! This seems a bit much, even as I reread I think how corny...but I am thankful for these sweet little gifts that God gives us through Micah and I need to write this down because tomorrow may be one of those days that I just wish he might nap a little bit longer instead of anticipating his awake time!

No comments: