Tuesday, February 5, 2008

my child

Today we went for our second shot. This time Mick got to do the honors of holding Micah down. He is so strong when he is five we are going to have to have a few people to hold him down.

After the doctor Mick went to start baseball tryouts and Micah and I went to work. The picture above shows you what Micah did while I was trying to write down a catering order. He ate my business card. This wouldn't be as silly if the child would eat other things but he wont even try. He loves his baby food and eats 10 containers a day! But if we try to get him to eat a cheerio, a puff, some mashed potatoes, oh heck no. He wont even attempt to put them in his mouth and when I put them in he gags and throws up on me, I know, lovely picture. So, today I look down and he has my business card and there is a bite taken out of it. I search his mouth and he has chewed up and swallowed the paper. When I tried to get my finger in there to make a sweep he locked his mouth so tight I couldn't even think about getting in... Some people are writing about there child getting a good grade at school, making the team, etc. No not me, my kids just busy eating paper!

1 comment:

beth ewing said...

how funny. miller too loved baby food and i think it made the transition to "real" food a little harder. he would eat the things you listed though. just keep offering them.

and funny about the paper. just wait. sometimes miller bites the coffee table. i know he's just teething but he still does it.