Thursday, February 21, 2008

proud of my boys

I'm always telling you about things that Micah does that I am proud of...but his daddy is pretty special too. I don't tell Mick that very much because, well he tends to get a big head. No, really we just don't have time.
Today Micah had a great day just being a good baby. AND he stood on his own for 19 seconds. You know with the Harper's everything is a game so we must time him in order to judge his progress. Yesterday he only got to 10 ...today 19. At this rate he will be standing for an hour in no time.

Ok, back to my other boy...baseball has started and today Mick had his FCA leadoff dinner. Chick-fil-A caters it...because he has connections there, so I was able to work and be a wife at the same time. Mick had the opportunity to share the gospel with about 100 students. Because Nana kept Micah I was able to go and listen and be apart of things. Mick got to share with most of his team in a way he usually wouldn't have been able to...and he did it so clearly. Usually I am pretty critical of him so I wanted to take the opportunity to praise him instead of make fun..which is usually what I do in public. Seriously, we are so blessed to have lives where we are able to impact young people. We have one little life we are responsible for at home but it is neat to get to know so many teenagers from so many different back grounds and have an opportunity to help raise them as well. So, thanks Mick for making our ministry! If you are still reading I don't plan on very many of my posts being so puffy so you can stop reading if it gets too boring...but if no one else reading care's I know Nana does...

1 comment:

Alison said...

How awesome! Warms my heart. Thanks for tending to God's work. Both of you set such a great example. Thanks for being such good friends to us. :)

Love,
Alison, Doug and Charlotte