Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lookout Calvin...


o


Klien. Micah is the newest underwear model! A look only a Momma could love right? Yesterday Micah started helping me water our garden and before you knew it he was naked and about to jump in his water table. He is officially too big for that this year. I thought I would have a positive post about Micah because Lord knows when he grows up and reads all this he'll wonder how he made it with all my airing of his dirty (aka potty training) laundry.

I had my first conference with the infamous Mrs. Mann. We love her and think the world of her as a teacher. We are so thankful that God worked this year out the way He did. Well, I was anxious to hear what she would say, as our home discipline has been rocky at best. But she handed me a sheet saying he met or exceeded all the things they were supposed to and then said "I don't have to tell you. You know, he is a great kid!" I mean, yes, we think so, but I birthed him so I kind of have that inherent mommalove thing going for me. I did not know whether her feeling or anyone elses would be mutual. I don't expect all others to follow suit though. But she said Micah behaves so well in class and immediately responds to correction. As a former teacher I know the face I made, because I saw so many haggard parents do so when I told them their wild child was an angel at school. I am so thankful that Micah, while he tests us at home is learning to respect authority and is thriving in his two day a week classroom. Lest I get prideful here we know it is simply by God's grace and mercy and because of the great control that Mrs. Mann and Mrs. Duckett produce in the classroom. There will be no thinking my children are perfect from this momma, I just hope I can keep from being too hard on them. After the conference Micah and I celebrated with some Strawberry milk and he had no idea what he was getting rewarded for, it's probably better that way!
Eventually I will write a post on my thoughts on our first year venturing into a Christian preschool and the benefits and drawbacks. Especially since we all know how leary I was to try it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Too cute!! What is it with boys and their underwear?! At least he has some cute ones :)

Love and miss you all!