Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thanks Anonymous!

Supper Club Girls!
Anne Marie, April, Jessica, Erin, Me, Brittany, and Ashley

Sadie Jane a little bit worried about Sunny's tight squeeze.


Sweet Friends!
Well I love that God works things for my good! Even though the anonymous comment a while back about my friendships hurt me and made me anxious about what people think of me I eventually turned it over to God and stopped obsessing over it. The reason I am thankful for it in the end is that it caused me to really assess my relationships with my friends and pushed me to make time with them. None of them have been upset with me for my time away but it has been so good to get to spend time with women and friends and to free myself up from being so caught up in others perceptions of me. The comment forced me to let go of control over everything and the fact that I can not control what others think of me. But in realizing this it made me think about the fact that even if my kiddo's interrupt or my time with women is not picture perfect it doesn't matter if we are spurred on by one another to love Jesus more the rest is all peripheral and I need that time. So I haven't made it a resolution but I am striving for more time with girls that I love and that I think love me back:)
So this week, Sadie Jane had her first lunchdate with a younger man by a week with a new friend from church. Hence, no pictures. I am getting better about what people think but I did worry that if I took a picture on our first "date" it might be the last. We also had dinner with one of my best friend April's family with all the kiddos and it was such a blessing. Her babies were babies when we met but now they are 7 and 8 (almost)! They play so well with Micah and Sadie Jane and we are so blessed to be able to see all that we have to look forward to! We also had an impromptu lunch with Jaxseeen, Micah's bff and started our new bible study plus I had a breakfast date with Sarah with no babies! Sorry for the Leviticus-like rundown but it is more for the scrapbook than your reading pleasure:) And to say I am all about some lunchdates...so let me know if you are up for it. Unless you are a creepy blogstalker that I don't know. But no apologizing for my babies...ok I am not that good yet, but I am getting there.
Then we had Supper Club at our house with lots of friends and spent time praying for each other!! So nice to know people who love Jesus.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad you were able to turn a negative into a positive :) I had such a great time talking and eating (and eating) on Saturday!!

Have a wonderful week! Much love to you and your fam!

Amy said...

We need to schedule our time!! Let's see what we can find!

I agree with Sarah--that's great that you turned a negative into a positive!