Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sadie Jane's Dedication

Us with some of our family...happy happy Micah:(
The girls...so thankful for women friends that are already helping me raise my babies to know Jesus. April and Taron were there but not in the photoshoot:(

Say J passed out right before we went in...and I didn't give Wendy proper camera instructions...so I hope Suz got some decent ones!


Trying to get Sadie Jane in her dress...

In retrospect it looks like we might have been entering her in a pageant...no fake lashes, teeth , or spray tans for this Momma though!

I draw the line at really large hairbows!!

More pictures please oh please Suz...we are nothing without you! Hee hee!

Today was Parent-Child Dedication at Six Flags Over Jesus...I mean First Baptist! It was a really special day for us for lots of reasons. It was most exciting and daunting to think about the fact that we (Mick and I) were committing to raise Say J in a way that what we are claiming for her today she will one day claim for herself. I pray that she nor Micah know a time that they didn't believe in Jesus and I anxiously await the day they give their hearts to Him themselves. I also wanted to make an effort to invite people to the dedication that would most certainly have an impact on Sadie Jane's little life for Jesus. We had family there of course and then we also had friends there as well. It meant so much to me to have all of these people promise to help teach her about our Lord. With all this world has to entice and offer our babies that isn't of Him we need as many people as possible spurring on each little life to know Jesus more. There were quite a few more people we wanted there but we didn't want to have a separate section for Harper's...hee hee. We have just started going back to First Baptist as well but really feel like the people there love us and today just helped us to continue to affirm that we are in the right place. While the perfect church is no where to be found we are thankful that God is leading us to where He wants us. We are excited to get involved and are actually going to start going to Wed. nights if we can make it work. (to a bible study to work on our marriage, goodness knows we could all use as much help as we can!:)Micah also goes to school there so he really feels safe and secure so therefore so do we. The people there have been so kind and inviting and we are looking forward to having a place where we can raise our babies alongside likeminded people. Sooo...hopefully and prayerfully no more church hopping for us!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for including me on this special day! SJ is too precious and I can't wait to watch her grow!

Let's set a date soon! Love you!

The Kimmels said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to this special day. Love ya'll so much and I can't wait to watch SJ grow up into a beautiful, Christian woman!

Anonymous said...

I hope you dont mind, I made granny a copy of the pictures and what you had written about Sadie Janes dedication. She loved the pictures and getting to read what you had written. I think it makes her feel better to still be a part of the outside world. By the way she is doing good. Love, sissy and grandmother