Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year to You!

Micah and the new love of his life, Sunny!
All the kiddos' in the garage. I couldn't get them all to stand still.

Micah on a date, at his new table.

Christian, Micah and Sunny.

Me, April, Alison and Taron
I love these girls so much!




Well I will have to say for the most part I am not sad to see this year go. There have been good and bad things in it but God has used it all for His glory. I look forward to seeing the things that haven't worked themselves out fully for His glory(that I can see) to do so in 2009 that is for sure. Micah has come into his own this year and I can't believe he is closer now to 2 than 1. He isn't a baby anymore and we aren't new parents...which gives us less room for error, right? As I sat last night rocking Micah to sleep (far too late) I thought about how blessed we really are and all that we have gained this year in blessings. Even though there are some circumstances that kind of stink our lives are still stinkin' good if I really sit down and think.

We had 3 sets of families over last night for New Year's and it was really a picture of what God has given us. Most important to me in life is relationship. Relationship with Jesus first and through Him I have been given really special relationships with others. My husband and baby boy and then dear friendships with women. I know on more than one occasion I have lamented on the lack of real relationship with women and how hard it is to make friends once you "grow up" . But after the doors were locked and things cleaned up I realized that the 3 families that came over last night were all relatively speaking "new" friendships that all meet a need within my heart as well as feel like kindred spirits in different areas of my life. What a great God to give us all that we need and more...just like He promises.

The blog world too has enabled me to be in contact with so many more of my "heart friends" that know and see my heart and love me anyways! So thanks to you as well and I can't wait to see what God has in this New Year for all of us!
Sad Sidenote:
I hate to even type this but I figure it is a milestone to record. A much dreaded milestone, but one nonetheless. Micah became the kid that I had hoped he would never be. "The biter"! Yep he had been so much better about not biting me when he was being disciplined. But when he was somewhat unsupervised (aka: Mick was in charge) he got upset with his buddy Jaxson and bit his hand. Now I know how painful this is so I welled up with tears and definitely let Micah have it, then to timeout he went and then to timeout again with Mick. He wasn't real sure what had hit him, but boy he knew it wasn't good. He cried more than Jax and that was our main mission. I felt terrible and still do. I seriously almost cry just thinking about the fact that he did that. You know those 3 friends I was so thankful for you can probably make it 2 after this little incident. Just teasing the Wallace's handled it well and I hope to act as gracefully as they do when something happens to Micah. At least I am learning more and more not to judge, lest you (and your wild banchee) be judged also.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Enjoyed last night. It has been a while since we have done something for New Years. Sorry we had to leave so soon. Charlotte fell asleep on the way home and then went right to bed once we got in the door - we did have a little out of character wake-up around 1:30 - but she managed. We are just glad we got to come - even if our little one goes to bed so early.

Thankful for your friendship as well. Wish we had more time to do more things as friends and not co-workers. :) That time, I am sure, will come one day.

Love ya!

Amy said...

Looks like yall had a lot of fun! Sorry we weren't there, too!