Monday, January 5, 2009

back to reality.


So Mick headed back to school today and left me sick with a sick baby. What a smack in the face way to enter back into the real world. Seriously, I am SO thankful that we stayed semi-well over the holiday's that being sick right now is ok I guess. I prayed specifically that God would keep Micah and I well for Christmas because last year was so bad. (Like I said I prayed specifically and left Mick out because he never gets sick...opps...except when I don't pray for him) But other than Mick being sick we had a great break with lots of family time, showering somewhat independently and getting to eat meals with both hands every now and again. But we are back to the land of mommy and me and Micah and I did it up right. I have been fighting a sore throat and Micah has been running a low grade fever. Then today in honor of Mick going back to school he really started to burn up. We ended up at the dr office where they say he has a viral throat infection. It is viral now and no need for antibiotics, but in a week if he isn't better it will be bacterial. I think that is how they work it these days. I truly don't know how you can just tell the difference by looking. I guess that is what they went to school for, huh? I am not knocking the dr it just seems like you never get a definite answer as to what is wrong with your child these days. It is just hard for a Momma not to be able to do anything. But then on the otherhand it isn't strep throat so it will just work itself out, so if it really is then I am oh so glad. Time will tell though...

The picture of Micah is from a few days ago. He refused to take the swimmies off to slide or get in the car for that matter. It has nothing to do with today but I find it hard to post without a picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlee saw this picture and said, "I need my slide right back". It took me a minute but I realized that Micah was sitting on her slide. too funny - Wendy

Anne Marie said...

I know how you feel about the doctors. A lot times they just automatically prescribe antibiotics "just in case". I'm glad that your doctor decided to wait. Over prescribing can cause an even worse bacterial infection if you didn't have one in the first place. Just pray that God guides your physicians decisions when you have to go see him! I hope you guys are feeling well soon:)

Amy said...

I'm so sorry yall are sick. You know, that's what they said about Pax after Christmas, but it just turned out it was a tooth. Does he have any congestion? Don't forget about the Claritin. It worked (and still is working) WONDERFULLY with Pax. But, they say that it all works so differently in all kids.
Love you, and miss you!

beth ewing said...

i'm so sorry you guys are sick again.