Friday, January 9, 2009

the garbage man!


Micah loves to watch the garbage man on Wed. from upstairs. He us simply amazed at their truck, the fact they get to ride on the side and that they get to smash things.
He just loves to stand and wait for it and then watch them do their thing...but he gets very upset when they leave.and this is just a random one of us!



Micah has been feeling better the last couple of days. Unfortunately as always after he has been sick, discipline is much harder. His new thing is no, no, no. It is his favorite word and while he sometimes understands what it means other times he does not. Today after doing some work with me we were on our way to the chicken house and we had this conversation:

me: Micah, do you want to go to "chickchick"?
micah: no
me: Do you wanna eat chick chick?(his favorite food)
micah: no
me: Do you wanna go see Daddy? (usually a surefire smile and yes)
micah: no
me: Micah, do you want Ice Cream? (in a singsong voice)
micah: no
me: (I am really thinking now and just a bit frustrated...so I sarcastically say...) Micah, do you want a million dollars?
micah: a million dollars? (big smile) YES!

Apparently we have introduced greed at a young age. I have never even said those words to him before and he thinks he wants it...hmmmm.
Oh the praying I need to be doing...

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's a funny conversation, and sweet pictures!!

The Kimmels said...

Ha, I love that kid!...miss you!!

Sara said...

If you ever make it to the library, there are some great books on garbage trucks..."Trashy Town", and "Smash, Mash, Crash: there goes the trash". I'm sure there are others, but these are two that Bo really enjoyed! Micah is too cute! Love the "poot, poot" story!