Sunday, January 25, 2009

Author of Salvation

Everyone needs compassion
Love thats never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Anyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

Saviour, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave…

So take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I Surrender I Surrender…


Shine your light and
Let the whole world see
Were singing for the glory
Of the risen King

This was one of the songs we sang in worship today and it perfectly ministered to me in the way that only my Jesus can. It hit me to remind me that if He is indeed the very Author of Salvation then He is the Author of my life and all that is in it. He is in control and is using every situation for His glory. Nothing is happening by accident. That gives me great hope. I also love to read and love the picture it brings of God being the very author of our salvation. No need for a sermon here just wanted to share the song with you. Stuff happens and the details don't really matter in that the Author of Salvation and life itself is doing His thing and I find great joy in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you - should have asked on the phone today, but forgot - sorry! You are often in my prayers... I know that you face tough situations daily and I pray that Micah washes them away when you see the love that God gives to us through our children! WENDY

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! This is Lauren (Underwood) Everette, Anne Marie's sister-in-law. I read your blog all the time and it cracks me up! What an exciting life you have! :-) I was going to tell you that this song you blogged about, Mighty To Save, is originally done by Hillsong United. You should look it up and give it a listen, it is a much different version and is very powerful!
I've also been keeping up with you about your sister. We've been doing a series at church on fasting and prayer and I've just felt a tug to suggest to you the possibility of fasting and prayer for your sister. Some things can only be accomplished through this and it is a powerful tool that God gives to us to overcome things! I'm sure you know these things but I just felt compelled to share! Keep up the blogging, I love reading about your new adventures everyday!