Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Those kind of people...

I haven't been able to post very honestly for the last few days because Mick has been out of town and I didn't want to talk about that in the unlikely chance some creepy family stealer was out there looking for a wife and kids to steal. I know, I know, they'd probably send Micah and I back, but it was Sadie Jane I was really worried about. Hee hee. Ok, I digress. Anyways he is coming home late tonight so we are in the homestretch.

I wanted to write a post about types of couples. I think there are two types of couples: those that do everything together and don't like to be apart and then those couples who do a whole lot more with friends and do alot of things on their own. Ok, so maybe it is a spectrum thing and couples lean to one side or the other. I don't think either way is wrong I just think it is funny that most couples have a tendency one way or the other. I always thought I would be on the still doing alot of things separately...then we got married and I found that I was the one who didn't like to be apart. Then after adding kiddos I don't want any of us to be away from each other. Some of this healthy, some of it not, and some of it just neutral, being a preference thing. Just a funny thought. I don't know if I am like this because Mick is gone so much for coaching so much so that I am selfish with the little time he has left or if I would be this way if he were around more, I don't think I would be...

So, when we realized that Mick would be gone for FOUR long days away from us you can guess I wasn't the positive, happy, supporting wife...being that I am that kind of couple. I am glad(ok, maybe not glad) that he got to go and coach the softball allstar team and have a great experience but ontop of missing him and not enjoying time apart I was a bit jealous of his four days of adult interaction and sleeping an entire night. I know, yuck, sin, sin, I know you wouldn't think those things, but I thought I'd be honest. I was then the single mom who also was dealing with SayJ's decision to become an insomniac and of course our Micahbird- who is going through a big I want my Daddy stage. BUT, today is Wednesday and barring anything major we have ...dare I say it...had a good time on our own. Micah has behaved SO well and Sadie Jane slept some. Of course it was mainly fun because we hung out with other friends who helped, helped, helped. My parents and Hayden, Taron and Jaxson, and Aim and Pax all were tremendous helps. I don't know how people do single parenting..but especially without friends. I spent alot of time in prayer for patience and perseverence and also for those mom's who are single or mom's whose husband's travel overnight and especially my friends whose husbands are deployed. My small glimpse is nothing in comparison to those things.

So, which kind of couple are you, just curious??

All in all, we have made it through the week. Not something I really desire to do again but I do have a little (ok, probably too much) pride that I CAN do it. And yet so thankful that I don't have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that Mick will be home today. Maybe you can get some much needed sleep that you need. Lee and I are often judged because we choose to do things apart more than together. Being in the military for 6 years we grew used to being apart most of the time. He was gone for 3 to 6 months most of the time. It made me a very independent person and I still am. I find it hard to ask for help, I feel like I can do it just as well on my own. We do alot of things together mostly just simple things that go unnoticed because we learned to appreciate the small things in life at a young age. Because we had so little time together in the beginning just getting to watch a movie at home or playing a game became a luxury. It doesnt make one way right or wrong just a little different. I think that is what makes or world what it is today. I am glad that you mentioned how you feel and wondered how others felt because sometimes people dont understand why others do thing a little differently. I am glad that you are so honest and wonder how others do things. love you all sissy

Anne Marie said...

Love the perspective in your post. Jonathan and I are definitely the do everything together type...but we will see if that changes when little Miss Emersyn gets here :)