Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Inevitable 3-0!

Leaving for our DATE! Hadn't had one of those in AWHILE.
So excited!
Me and my other man.
Two more charms for my bracelet from my sweet husband...
and roses from Micah and Mick!
The kiddos all playing together as we are leaving.

I turned 3o today and I'll have to say probably one of the best birthday's for me. Nothing spectacular but as a mom you come to appreciate good days and are thankful when there indeed isn't any sickness, arguments, etc. The kiddos and I had a great day. Sadie Jane slept through the night (thanks to Mick for rocking her back to sleep once!) We all hung out together, went to the mall, stopped by to see my twin two years apart Taron whose birthday was today as well, then relaxed and I got to go on a date with Mick. Thanks to Jenny and Budda for braving it with three kiddos! As soon as my day started I thought of all the ways I did not realize that this is what I would be doing when I was thirty. Even in college I couldn't have imagined that this would be my life. I love every minute of it and am so thankful for what God has blessed me with but I find it humorous nonetheless...so I thought I'd share.

Things I didn't think I would be doing on the day I turned thirty:

~Being SO excited that I got to sleep til 7.
~Debating on if I took a shower the day before and if I would get to take one today.
~Standing in the Belk's bathroom while I waited on my son to "poopy"...then him giving me the play by play on how many pieces it was...then realizing he just blew it up in the one stall that wont flush.
~Getting lots of "presents" from my favorite boy. So what if they happened to be items around our home.
~Having lunch with the love of my life, but not remembering if I even spoke directly to him...other than brief commands and orders "wipes, spoon, watch out:)"
~Loving hearing my sweet boy tell me he loves me and giving me Birthday lovin'.
~Once we had a sitter for dinner realizing the only place I really wanted to go was Walmart...to buy diapers because I had so many coupons.
~Sitting in my nursing chair holding the sweetest baby and crying happy tears because I am overwhelmed at what God has given me. (ok, so that one was more mushy, than humorous.)
Thirty doesn't look so bad after all. Can't believe it is here but excited to see where God takes me and my family. I know when I turn forty I'll be looking back thinking that at thirty I would have never believed where I'd be.
Thanks friends and family for making it so special!

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Happy happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

i like your date shirt...and dont tell me you bought it when you were pregnant...
-taron

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Now see turning 30 wasnt that bad. Just wait till the big 50 gets close, I have 3 more birthdays to go. Love ya, sissy

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was a great one for you! Can't wait to celebrate with you Thursday! Love you!

Sarah said...

Such a sweet post! My favorite is that Micah presented you with presents from around the house--that is awesome!

Happy Birthday! See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

too funny! happy belated b'day! love reading and seeing pictures of your family!