Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chaperones and Tenderheartedness


Last night we had our friends, the Hane's over. There little boy Rhett is three weeks younger than Sadie Jane so the rest of us were just chaperones for their hot date. Sadie Jane was actually superforward and even kissed Rhett. We are going to have to watch her. It was a blessing to hang out with friends and fellowship. Adam has gotten Rhett to do the trick that Mick does with our kiddos so I had to get their picture doing it.

On another note, we let Micah stay up superlate since we had company. We were watching the end of the braves game and a commercial came on and we all were enthralled by it including Micah. It was a Toshiba (I think) commercial about a dog and a monkey who were best friends and then the dog has to move away and they finally reconnect through a chat on the computer. Well, Micah finished watching it and his little mouth turned to a frown...then a quiver...then tears. He thought it was sooo sad. We all laughed it off and were touched by his tender little heart. Then I took him to bed and layed with him and he started talking about it again and started the quiver...crying...then to full on bawling. Oh my stars. I was in tears myself. I have never seen him be so sensitive and we went over the commercial with all sorts of happy endings, but then Micah would say it again and the tears would roll. He finally fell asleep in our bed and Mick put him in his. I know one day he wont be like this so I had to document it. To a Momma it is the sweetest to see him have such empathy, even though it hurt to see him hurt.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no now Mick has other men holding their kids like he does. lol Thought it was his signature move. lol

Tracy Carson said...

that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!