Saturday, July 26, 2008

Supper Club




Some friends of ours started a Supper Club a few months ago and this was our first opportunity to go. Each month one couple hosts a dinner with a theme and we all dress up, have a devotion, play games and hang out. There are actually 12 couples in all but only 5 could make it this month. It is a large group so there are people everyone knows and then some others haven't met. So you also get to meet knew friends which is always fun. This month's theme was 50's. Everyone played the part well but I can definitely say Mick and I aren't the most attractive couple in the 50's. We played a game called "Rate your Mate" which tends to draw out the worst in couples but I think everyone left in relative peace. Mick is so competitive and it makes no difference what we are playing, so the pressure usually gets to me and I answer all the questions wrong. Although he made a few mistakes this time too. For example...
Question:
Is your mate(Mick) most like:
a) can't remember...
b)playful penguin
c)wise owl
d)proud peacock
He answered the wise owl....and then said he was kidding he was a playful penguin.
Now for those of you who know Mick you know he would be the proud peacock, saying "Look at all my pretty feathers" but he obviously doesn't realize he wants everyone to look at his feathers.
Ok, so just thought you would enjoy that snipit of information. If not I know his mom found it humorous. Well, we are off to pick up Micah in a bit. He made it through the night well so looks like Labor Day there will be no worries at all. I just hope he'll come home with us!

1 comment:

Amy said...

that's funny about the proud peacock question! Although, I see the playful penguin, too!:-) So glad Micah did well! We're looking forward to Labor Day!