Friday, July 11, 2008

happy cow appreciation day!


So today was an unofficial holiday...cow appreciation day. If you dress up as a cow and go to your local chicken house you get a free meal. I had to work all day and Mick got Micah all decked out and brought him to visit me at lunch(Micah got his free meal for Mick:)). He walked in and sat Micah down...who looked sooo stinkin' cute and I took one look at my bird and knew something was wrong. I picked him up and he was burning up. This is why God doesn't want women to work...(I am totally exaggerating there, if you are a working mom I am not talking about you...) But I think if a wife walks into her husbands work and the baby is sick the wife takes the child to the doctor and the husband goes back to doing his work no problem, he just goes about his day...it isn't that he doesn't care about the child...but God made men in such a way that they compartmentalize better and don't worry near as much. Now me, I could hardly ring the cow bell for the herds of cute cows walking in I was so distracted. All I could think was how could I be at work while my baby is at home sick...what if Mick didn't know the exact way to hold him, what if he didn't ask the dr the right question...! So Mick handled things great and got Micah to the doctor. He did have a fever of 103 and he managed to get another ear infection. AHHH! I despise ear infections, they are the meanest, sneakiest things. Wow, this whole post is just one big tangent. Well, I have good news for you...you are going to be reading this post for a while because we are off for our vacation with the Harper's. Sick baby(I know he isn't really a baby anymore, but he will always be my baby) and all, we are taking our tylenol, ibupropen, and antibiotics and getting on to the beach. Pray for us. Seriously. I will have many stories to write about when I get home. 3 families in a 2 bedroom condo with a virus you know there is all kinds of stories brewing.

1 comment:

The Kimmels said...

Oh no! Not again! My niece has had several of those ear infections as well! Its so sad to watch you sweet baby turn into a different kid when that happens! We missed you at Paxton's baptism today. Im sure you can feel like you were there -- by looking at the gazillion photos I took. I heard you are going to the beach with us!?! How exciting!!