Wednesday, July 23, 2008

cousins






So we had a pretty good time at the beach with Mick's parents and sister's family. Considering Micah's sickness...etc. I actually got to lay out by the pool for more than 30 minutes at a time so that was really all I wanted. The best part was Micah getting to hang out with Bay and Charlee Ray 24/7. He loves them both so much already. Bay was my nanny for the week. She rode everywhere with us to keep him entertained, fed him his food at dinner and constantly played with him. Micah was in heaven. He has started talking so much more just after going to the beach with two chatty girls. I can see how having an older sibling makes you learn faster for sure. There were so many funny stories of things that happened but our funniest times were riding in the car with our family and Bay. At one point I looked back and told Micah sorry...because he was coughing, etc. Bay said "Why are you sorry?" I said that I was sorry that he was sick and I wished I could take it away. Bay sat there a minute and then she said "Aunt Stephanie, you wish you were Jesus?" "Because he heals people you know..." Mick and I about died. We went on to talk more about Jesus and how I wanted to be like Jesus...not be Jesus. That Bay is just one special girl. It was also fun to be around Charlee for a long time and see that she and Micah are the same size and a year apart. They didn't play to much together because they were both watching the other like a hawk in case they stole the others toys. It was mainly Micah stealing Charlee's so she preferred to play elsewhere. It is exciting to think how much fun these trips will be in a couple years when they are all older and can really play together at the beach, etc. Thanks to Nana and Pops for taking us and for helping take care of Micah and the girls!

1 comment:

Summer said...

That comment for Bay was hilarious. I laughed out loud. Out of the mouths of babes :-)