Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great Grandmother!




My grandmother has been visiting and helping us take care of Hayden this week while his babysitter is on vacation. They spent the night with us two nights ago and I got a few pictures of her with the boys. She is 85 (maybe 86 now) and still can keep up with them better than I can. Somehow they intuitively know what she says goes. My favorite part of her visit was when she was sitting on the couch and told Micah she needed some lovin'. He walked right over and hugged her first thing. It was so sweet and I was so proud that he did that. A funny part of her being here was her fussing at one of my parenting actions. Micah goes to bed pretty easily, granted it's 10'oclock so he should, but if Hayden is here he flips out. He thinks he should be able to sleep in the big boy bed. So on that night he put up such a fuss, I would go in and calm him down then leave and he would scream. We repeated this process for an hour when he finally went down. I went downstairs to grandmama standing at the stairs pacing saying "you shouldn't let that baby cry like that". I just laughed because I know that with 4 babies (including a set of twins) before she was 20 she had to let somebody cry!

No comments: