Wednesday, July 9, 2008

fun without the youngun's

Today was a fun day because Amy and I got to hang out together minus the boys. I am sure we would have had fun with them but we actually went to cardio tennis, ate a meal without interuption, layed out by the pool without watching for someone to fall in, and spoke to one another directly! Amy had experienced a bad day with her perfect Pax...even the good ones have off days so I am so glad she got some time away. Thanks to Gma Val. I had a lovely doctor's visit and had to wait a while but somehow those waits aren't near as bothersome if you are sitting by yourself and enjoying thinking straight. After I got home from my fun day we headed to the English house for some good dinner and a very small bit of work. Micah and Charlotte played together and I have to say that my friend Alison's baby Charlotte is the sweetest and smiliest girl! She is pure joy! I know there are times when her mommy begs to differ but whenever she has an audience she works it. Thanks to Doug for the burgers and really good cookies! So all in all a good day I had to share...since it didn't completely revolve around our Micah bird. Everybody needs a day like that now and then. But back to the bird for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Glad yall had a just girls day. Those are always fun!! I'm excited that yall are coming to the beach. It's going to be fun, and I don't think we are anywhere NEAR your league in tennis :-)

Amy said...

Thanks so much for a GREAT day yesterday!!! I'm so glad that we had that opportunity. Thanks to BOTH Gma's!